The TALES project deals with storytelling as an educational tool. In order to achieve the project’s goals, a number of actions will be taken:
- State of the art analysis. Investigation of the position of storytelling and storytelling techniques in school education, initial and in-service teacher training in the partners’ countries.
- Collection of good practice in Europe. 20 examples of good practices will be collected, assessed and described.
- Creation of draft training material. The first steps will serve as the basis for a set of publications (manual, guidelines, teacher training modules) in English and in each partner language (+ French) to be used by teachers, trainers and teacher trainers.
- Pilot storytelling projects. All partners will pilot a storytelling project in a school in their country.
- Digital storytelling. An authoring tool for creation and publishing of digital stories will be used in the frame of a European contest, as well as during some of the pilots. All the digital stories will be gathered in an innovative exploratory portal (in this website).
- National training days. Each partner will organise a national dissemination & training day in his/her country.
- An international conference. At the end of the project, an international conference will be organized for dissemination (location to be defined).